What's Happening, Blogger?

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blog #12: Debrief and Reflect

Self-Check:
1. Yes, I have answered the prompt, and explained how the pink flamingo helped to influence American culture.
2. Yes, I have a clear thesis statement.
3. I think my essay is focused, but I think I could've made my essay flow a little bit better.
4. Yes, I used 1-2 ideas, but it may not have been pieced together as well as it could have been.
5. My essay used a variety of quotes and textual details to help convey my main point.

Reflection:
1. I used many direct quotes to help explain and get my main point across. I also tried to calm down with this timed write and allow myself to write freely.
2. What didn't go as well as I wanted was my conclusion. I felt very rushed at the end and I didn't have a lot of time to edit and finish my conclusion.
3. If given more time, I would make sure I took time to read over my essay and edit it correctly.
4. Overall, I think the structure of my essay turned out how I had planned, however I probably could have connected it a little better in terms of flow.
5. As I was writing, I learned a little bit more about the pink flamingo and its role in American society. It became clear that the lawn ornament is not just a cheap motif for the front yard, but it represents the way Americans were becoming more bold and the way they wanted to live.
6. For future timed-writes, I just need to remember to work through my nerves and just let myself write. However, I also need to pace myself better so that I can edit my essay at the end and give it one last look.

No comments:

Post a Comment