What's Happening, Blogger?

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blog #8: Potato, Po-tot-o

I look around to my teammates. We're shaking, we're sweating, we're on the brink of mental and physical exhaustion. I feel the lurch in my stomach, urging me to give up, my body that just came back in off of an injury begging. I look to my mind, and it's telling me I'm not going to make it. But when I look to my gut, my instinct, my drive, I stick in and push myself to the end of our conditioning session. I hear my coach say, "Good job tonight, way to push it out and stay with it. I'm proud of you."
I'm proud of myself too.
Pride.
For a word so small, it comes with so much meaning.
For most, pride is not always a good thing. Pride is feeling superior, being arrogant, and being a show-off.
To me, pride is a noun to describe being proud. Pride is the feeling I get when I accomplish something, particularly something that does not come easily.
So maybe pride can be surrounded with negativity, but if used in a certain way, pride is nothing to be ashamed of; pride is being comfortable and happy with who you are and what you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment