What's Happening, Blogger?

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blog #9: You Teach Me, I'll Teach You

Tuesdays With Morrie was eye-opening. It was an outlook changer. It was a motivation. I really enjoyed this book. Not only did it make me cry, it made me happy, angry, frustrated, hopeful, motivated. I must admit, at the beginning I was not Mitch Albom's biggest fan due to his youthful arrogance and neglect to those around him. I couldn't stand him for the way he didn't keep in touch with Morrie for sixteen years. However, as I read on, I learned with Albom, and I felt I took away some very important lessons. First off, I immediately wanted to run to the senior center and volunteer my time, to help (...and maybe find a Morrie of my own!) and to learn. I also felt really connected to the idea that everyone needs a teacher. To an extent, it is important to be self-sufficient and able to learn on your own; however, I really think, like Albom, with a certain "guidance teacher," one can really understand the world with new perspective, emotional connection, and hopefully come away with a deeper meaning to life. Tuesdays With Morrie was definitely a teacher in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment